We are honored to have the opportunity to present our workshop, Practical tech tools for Arabic language teachers. The resources and tools that we refer to are listed below.
Solving technical problems
- Arabic Keyboard
- Yamli (Arabic keyboard)
- RTL character
- Right-click on input box and choose “right justify”
- (right) CTRL + (right) SHIFT to right justify (PC only; use left side to switch back)
- The Mixxer (tool for finding language exchange partners/classes)
- HelloTalk (mobile app for finding language exchange partners)
- Google Drive (includes Arabic-friendly word processor, presentation software, and survey builder)
- CLEAR Rich Internet Applications (including Audio/Video Dropbox, Conversations, Mashups)
- Socrative (in-class response system/voting and quizzing tool)
- Quizlet (multimedia flashcards and vocabulary games)
- Akinator (20-questions style game)
Please cite as:
Lavolette, E., & Mohamed, A. (2016, May). Practical tech tools for Arabic language teachers. Workshop presented at the Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium, East Lansing, MI. Retrieved from http://betsylavolette.com/?p=1811.